Spam (no, not the food) can get annoying most times (Spam, the food, can never get annoying to me anyway). In fact, all the time. But this email was on point and I just had to. God, your timing is so perfect! Geez!
Infatuation VS. Love
– Infatuation is instant desire – one set of glands calling to another.
– Love is friendship that has caught fire. It takes root and grows, one day at a time.
– Infatuation is marked by a feeling of insecurity. You are excited and eager, but not genuinely happy. There are nagging doubts, unanswered questions, little bits and pieces about your beloved that you would just as soon not examine too closely. It might spoil the dream.
– Love is the quiet understanding and mature acceptance of imperfection. It is real. It gives you strength and grows beyond you – to bolster your beloved. You are warmed by their presence, even when they are away. Miles do not separate you. You have so many wonderful little films in your head that you keep replaying. But near or far, you know they are yours, and you can wait.
Infatuation says, “We must get married right away. I can’t risk losing them.”
– Love says, “Be patient. Don’t panic. Plan your future with confidence. (God says, “Be patient. Don’t panic. Plan your future with confidence.”)
– Infatuation has an element of sexual excitement. Whenever you are together, you hope it will end in intimacy.
– Love is not based on sex. It is the maturation of friendship, which makes sex so much sweeter. You must be friends before you can be lovers.
– Infatuation lacks confidence. When they’re away, you wonder if they’re cheating. Sometimes, you check.
– Love means trust. You are calm, secure and unthreatened. They feel your trust, and it makes them even more trustworthy.
– Infatuation might lead you to do things you will regret, but love never steers you in the wrong direction.
– Love is an upper. It makes you feel whole. It completes the circle. It fills the empty space in your heart. Love is elevating. It lifts you up. It makes you look up. It makes you think up. It makes you a better person than you were before. If you have love in your life, it can make up for a great many things you don’t have. If there is no love in your life, whatever else there is has a lot less meaning.
The secret of our being is not only to live but to have something to live for.
…better yet someONE.
I firmly believe in that statement above with all my heart. When people think about true love waits and commitment cards and this and that, they think, “wait until after marriage to finally have sex with your spouse”. To me, I believe in that, but I additionally believe in waiting for your true love in general. Obviously, it’s not common to see girls and boys (even women and men) instill this kind of mindset nowadays because of what society has molded the depiction of “love” to be; just look at love stories in movies, music, TV shows…love lost its truth and innocence. It’s a shame, really.
After more than half a year now, God continually whispered in my heart saying “be patient, your time will come. I love you and I want you to be with Me right now. Don’t worry, he will find you and you will find him in My time” or something related to that. It usually happened during nights at Adoration…and even at conference in NJ. Even after conference, He repeatedly told me the same thing, so I tried. It definitely wasn’t an easy task. There were times when I totally surrendered but and there were other times when I felt so weak and totally neglected what He had told me.
It’s almost May now and I am a new, better, changed woman. My outlook on life is different than the outlook I had last year around this same time. The feeling of loneliness is never a good feeling, that’s why it’s common to see relationships spark so that the other person can give you that temporary sense of happiness, or wholeness. Why would you chose temporary happiness over eternal happiness? In all actuality, when I did neglect what He told me, I never felt whole, or complete like I always hoped I would be. And now, after all this time I’ve realized why.
I didn’t listen to Him when I should have.
At times, I [we] forget that HE knows what’s best.
But…everything’s different now. I’ve completely surrendered myself to Him (for sure this time) in full trust that in His time, I will finally get a hold of true love and how wonderful and amazing it is to have with another person.
For the sisters, I encourage and pray for each and everyone of you that you save your hearts…those beautiful, beautiful hearts. Give your hearts to God and He will do everything and anything for you to make you experience complete bliss. Read my previous entries. He’s so in love with you that He does such simple, yet extravagant things to take your breath away. Take patience up as your cross of suffering. Don’t keep giving pieces of your heart away to different people, otherwise, what will you have to offer to your husband when the time finally comes? You’re worth it. Your husband is worth it. Let’s always pray for each other. That’s what sisters are for.
Be confident and know that you’re worth the wait, because you really are.
I believe, and I pray that you believe too.
That takes me to my last point (a quote I used last year as my reminder)…
“Courageous are those who hear the Word of God and keep it.”
Don’t be afraid. If He’s calling you to serve Him wholeheartedly, do it. If He’s calling you to love Him wholeheartedly, do it. Don’t hide anything. It’s either you love Him wholeheartedly, halfheartedly, or not. If you do anything according to His Will, everything in the end will be an infinity times better. Rest assured.
It’s all up to you and the decision you make. He loves us so much, He even gave us free wills, remember? If you decide not to, it’s fine. But please use me as a example of how not trusting Him will still lead you to emptiness. Don’t be tricked into that guy’s scheme of things…you know, the guy downstairs. That’s where the temporary happiness is rooted.
He is real.
He gives me strength.
He is trustworthy and makes me calm and secure.
He will never steer me in the wrong direction.
He makes me whole.
He fills that empty space in my heart.
He lifts me up.
He makes me look up, think up.
He makes me a better person than I was before.
I live for God.
Who do you live for?
so its 3 in the morning, and yes i have school tomorrow, but i had to write this essay cuz i was procrastinating, but anyway, today is friday, and this entry just made my day !!!!!! omg this is so beautiful. i was like smiling the whole time and agreeing about how true all of this is !! yaaaaaaaaaaaahhh thanks faye :]oh btw, where’d you get that true love waits shirt ? i want one. ok now im gonna go to sleep. thanks againnnn.
thaaanks again. :]love you toooo faye !
another great entry and topic Faye. i wish more people knew the difference because it’s hard to see others hurt in relationships based on infatuation.
i’ve got to admit fatima dela cruz.i’m truly happy for you.
i feels ya! pray for me and i’ll pray for you!
I think I’m going to start a list of my favorite websites. It will be a blogged entry of awards. The Webbies I think I’ll call them. The Webby for break through blogger of the year goes to…fool4God by Fayezer.Faye can’t be here to accept the award so on behalf of Fayezer, “Hmmmmmph!”