Ever since the end of fall semester, I’ve been contemplating a whole lot on this year. It was a tough year filled with endless challenges and trials. But despite those tumultuous moments of fear, loneliness, heartbreak, doubt, anxiety, and stress, God unceasingly showed His power and glory throughout it all and still blessed me with some of the greatest moments of my life.
If I were to pick only one word to describe 2008, it would be fortunate.
• He gave me another year of life
• I’m healthy
• I have a wonderful, loving, and supportive family
• I have the greatest cousins, nieces, and nephews
• I have great friends who bring me happiness and endless laughs
• All of my family and friends are safe and well
• I’ve grown closer to beautiful, inspiring sisters – younger and older
• Forgiveness still exists :)
• I attend a Catholic university
• I have more than necessary (clothes, shoes, gadgets, etc.)
• I’ve been given amazing opportunities to see the world
• I live in a great area
• I always have plenty to eat
• I’ve grown more in love with Him
• I’ve been given many chances to learn more about the Catholic faith
• I’ve been given many chances to serve God in different ways
All of these are only A FEW of the countless things I’m fortunate this year. Praise God for blessing us beyond measure, especially at times when we don’t realize it.
foOL4GOD’s Top Ten Countdown of 2008